If the pure white Thassos mosaics are the first things that pop into your mind when you think of marble, you could be missing out on some beautiful tiling options for your home.
Marble / Natural stone comes from quarries around the world, with the bulk of it being quarried in Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, Brazil, China. While the white varieties of marble remain the most popular, this beautiful, natural stone can be found in a surprising range of colors that you can choose to match your interior design palette. For instance Thassos comes from Greece.
Marble and Travertine can be found in a wide variety of earth tones that are more suitable than bright white for natural or rustic styles of decor.
- Ivory Travertine: Harvested in Italy, Turkey, Ivory Travertine ranges in color from light Ivory cream to medium-beige and taupe.
- Crema Marfil: Comes from Spanish Quarries, Crema Marfil marble is known for its solid coloring and asymmetrical vein. This variety ranges from light beige to yellow to taupe, and some gray veins contrast with both light and dark colors.
- Walnut Travertine: Swirling with variegated browns, cream and dark brown, Walnut Travertine quarried mostly In Turkey. With smooth contrasting colors.
- Botticino: This taupe marble narrow range from taupe to cream with smooth white veins.
More reminiscent of granite than traditional marble, the black varieties can provide a dramatic effect when used alone or in conjunction with other tile colors.
- Emperador Dark Gold: One of several varieties of Spanish Emperador marble, this type ranges from dark brown to near black. The most stunning slabs have crackled, sharply contrasting veins of brown, white and gold against the black background.
- Negro Marquina: Quarried in the western Pyrenees of France and Spain, Negro Marquina is a cool black colored marble with white veins and white spots formed by shells and fossils trapped during its formation.
The more neutral tones of grey marble can darken or brighten a room’s decor without the intensifying effect that black and white have.
- Bardiglio: This Italian marble features long, flowing veins that shift from light to dark throughout the slab. Ranging from pale to deep grey, some varieties shine with bluish undertones.
- Gris Pulpis: Extracted from a limited number of quarries in Spain, Gris Pulpis can range from pale- to medium-brown to grey. The veins give it a vaguely irregular look, and white streaks add visual contrast.
All White Marbles are not same. They have all different characteristic patterns and designs
- Calacatta: Calacatta is a rare marble comes from Italian quarries with sharp gold and grey veins against the white background. To reach out True Calacatta is not easy. It comes from same region where Carrara Marble comes from. True Calacatta has some unique features so you can choose the right one.
- Carrara: Carrara is an iconic marble comes from Italy. It has greyish-white smooth background color and grey veins on it. In right Carrara Marble veins are right balanced.
- Oriental White: mined exclusively in China , It called also Asian Statuary as well. Oriental White has a striking appearance with distinct gold and gray veins.
- Thassos : mined exclusively in Greece, Thassos marble has a striking appearance with with solid white and iconic. Beautiful and rare with no variety solid white color
Marble tile can create a feeling of warmth or provide a cooling and warm effect, and its natural sophistication can upscale the look of your home. Mosaicbros.com carries a variety of colors, patterns and designs, ranging from classic to modern styles suitable for any application and any level of formality.